How to Get Work When Absent

Students and parents should keep in mind that students can usually make-up assignments or tests that are missed due to an excused absence.  However, arrangements to complete any work missed must be made promptly when the student returns to school, and/or the student should promptly hand in any work that was completed at home during an excused absence. Work that is not addressed promptly can result in a failing grade for the work missed.

If a student is out of school for a day or two, the student should talk to each teacher on the first day back to school after the excused absence in order to make arrangements to complete any work missed.  Students may also obtain information on assignments during an absence by accessing the Poulsbo Middle School website and looking under "Staff" to see the teachers' notes on assignments for a specific day.  Students/parents can also send email to teachers directly through the email link on each teacher's website or through the email links listed in the staff directory.  If  you need assistance finding an email address or accessing the school website, contact the counseling center at 396-3213 (you may leave a message if you call after school hours).

If a student has been absent for three days or more and is expected to be out longer, the student or parent can call the counseling office to request work (396-3213).  A notice will then be sent to all of the appropriate teachers asking them to forward work to the counseling office where it can be picked up at the end of the next school day.  The student/parents are still encouraged to check the teacher websites or email teachers directly since those steps could be faster.




Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.